Up | Down

 

Another London Series | The Texture of Brick Lane

~ ~
Continued from part 1 and part 2.

What makes up the texture of a street? The bits that we miss until we really try to see.


Another London | Brick Lane Moments



Another London | Brick Lane Moments



Another London | Brick Lane Moments



Another London | Brick Lane Moments




Another London | Brick Lane Moments



Another London | Brick Lane Moments



Another London | Brick Lane Moments


And when you see the texture, words become superfluous. This is London - just another London.


9 comments so far:

Paul Nixon said...

Welcome back to Blighty. Some of your shots remind me of how I used to be on my lunchtime strolls in London: head up, eyes pointed towards the sky looking at all the varied architecture. The City Road / Paul Street / Worship Street / Bunhill Fields area also has a lot to recommend it. And if you're in that area, pop into the Wesleyan church on City Road (opposite Bunhill Row cemetery) and look at those fantastic stained glass windows.

Congrats too on your Londonista presence.

Slogan Murugan said...

Beautiful! I love the first picture most.

Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

Thanks Chailey:) There's so much to see in every city, isn't it?

SloMo: Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hey! I love these pics. Esp. the first one. It's STUNNING and so riveting. Way to go! :)

Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

Thanks Vij! :)

Living in Gurgaon said...

Hi Shilpa! It's so interesting for me to see these pictures because I'm in the middle of an Amitav Ghosh book these days and the page I was reading when I put the book down a while ago was describing London's Brick Lane!! Great pictures as always!

Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

Hi Manika,
That's quite a coincidence! I really admire and enjoy Amitav Ghosh's writing, by the way. Love the detail and visual imagery in his writing - though I feel he gets carried away, then suddenly realises the book's too long already and wraps it all up in a hurry!
Thanks for dropping in again - really appreciate your appreciation! :)

Erinn said...

Sweet & Spicy! Love it! For some reason, I find the advert from the Council advertising the fall in crime rates quite amusing. I suppose it's an accomplishment, but it seems like one of the least celebratory , underinspired promotional pieces I have seen. I'm sure it accompanies video surveillance equipment everywhere.

Those are also the funkiest light standards I think I've ever seen. They look great against that blue sky.

Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

Erinn: You're so right about the council ad! This part of London has some of the highest crime rates and notoriously low conviction rates, I suppose. So much so that the council feels the need to advertise their presence - but they perhaps couldn't have done a worse job! The light posts were very interesting - I think they've deliberately incorporated Bangladeshi/South Asian elements in the design so that they merge with the identity of the street. The stained glass inlays did look very funky against the light indeed!

Thanks for visiting:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really cherish your feedback and discussion!